"Irish Witchcraft from an Irish Witch is a delightful mixture of academia and accessibility; a book that explores Witchcraft in Ireland: how it was, is, and will be. It succeeds where many books have failed – fulfilling the longing for real Irish Witchcraft, while crafting the delicate balance between learning from the past and weaving a modern system based on truth and respect. Lora O'Brien is an Irish Draoí working closely with the native heritage and land in a contemporary setting.
Irish Witchcraft from an Irish Witch explores the past:
– Providing an investigation of the Witches' place in Irish mythology.
– Looking at Witchcraft and magic by examining the customs connected with the Sidhe.
– Examining historical evidence of the Witch trials that swept across the isle.
And the present and beyond by:
– Working with Irish deities, landscapes, energies, and antiquities.
– Examining the wheel of the year, with its festivals, cycles, and seasons of Irish culture.
– Looking at ritual progression through a Witch's life: magical training, physical growth.
– Providing alternatives to the traditional stages of a child's life in modern Irish culture.
The 2nd edition of this book continues to do now what it did for so many on first publication — it bridges the gap between 'Celtic' NeoPagan nonsense, and authentic Irish Pagan Practice."